Skip to main content

Fundraising Events for Outside Charities

Before you submit your event on TAP, read all about holding fundraisers for outside charities and the documents you might need.

Required: An official letter

First, get a letter from the charity you have chosen on official letterhead. The letter must include:

  • The charity's taxpayer ID number
  • The charity's confirmation of your organization's intent to raise money for it

Note: The use of funds being raised must be defined and consistent with the stated purpose of the sponsoring organization.

You must turn in a fundraising Income Report (PDF) to your advisor or to Student Life Business Operations within 14 days of your fundraising event.

Charitable raffles

Student organizations may conduct raffles if:

Co-sponsoring events

If the charity is co-sponsoring the fundraiser, your organization must be responsible for coordinating logistics and "running" the event. Your organization is the event's campus sponsor. Otherwise, you must submit a Promoter's Agreement. Your advisor can help you with this.

CSI: Student Orgs & Events

CSI's Student Organization AdvisorsCSI Logo

Drop-In Advising Hours - Spring 2021:

  • Mondays: 10am-12pm and 2-3pm
  • Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1-3pm
  • Wednesdays and Fridays: 10am-12pm

Visit the Virtual One Stop Desk to access Virtual Drop-In Advising.

One Stop Hours - Spring 2021:

  • Mondays - Fridays: 9am-4pm

Follow @getinvolveducsd!